Welcome To A Square Migration Services

A Square Migration Services

+91-98725-54433 | +61 482 655 519 |


About Header
    U.S. Spouse Visa

U.S. Spouse Visa

U.S. Spouse Visa

If one’s spouse is an American citizen, one may apply for a spouse visa to relocate permanently to the United States. They ought to have been in a committed, long-term partnership. The person who applies for a spouse visa will also have several advantages.

Who in America is regarded as a spouse?

  • Marriage does not automatically qualify for immigration based on living together.
  • Depending on the regulations of the nation where the common-law marriage takes place, common-law spouses may be considered spouses for immigration purposes.
  • Only the first spouse may be counted as a spouse for immigration purposes in situations of polygamy (where a person marries more than one person).

Note: This only applies to same-sex unions.

Visa for U.S. spouse eligibility:

  • At least 18 years of age is required.
  • Should dwell in the United States.

Spouse visa categories in the U.S.:

1. Immigrant visa for a spouse of a citizen of the United States (IR1 or CR1)—Form 130:

You may refer to your foreign spouse as your spouse if you are legally married to them. Only the first spouse may be qualified for immigration in a polygamous situation. Common-law spouses may be regarded as spouses for immigration purposes depending on the laws of the country in which the common-law marriage occurs.

2. Non-immigrant visa (K-3) for a spouse who wed a citizen of the United States:

The country where the marriage occurred must receive the Form I-130 petition for an alien relative and the Form I-129F petition for an alien fiancé(e). Once the visa has been granted, the spouse is free to go to the country while the IR1 or CR1 immigrant visa is being processed.

Documents necessary:

  • Passport and past travels
  • Background materials
  • Papers for the spouse or partner, such as a marriage license
  • Extensive relationship proof, including pictures and additional relationship proof
  • Proof of the sponsor’s income to demonstrate sufficient resources
  • Paid application costs and completed application
  • English proficiency
  • Your child must not have turned 18 at the time of application if you are phoning on their behalf.


Contact “A Square Migration” if you require any help. We will offer the best advice and reasonably priced services. Additionally, it has a track record of success.